Monday, July 14, 2008

They've Hit The Road!

Just returned home from taking my son over to the church to leave for International Youth Convention in San Antonio. I think he was pretty excited about it all.

In yesterday's post, I mentioned that he'd become the Texas Traveler for his two trips to Dallas already this year and now going back to San Antonio. He's started referring to himself as the Chuck Norris of travel, so in honor of Chuck Norris manliness here's an interesting and absolutely hilarious video link. http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=54988d966e0e317d5553 It's my son's favorite right now.

It was a terribly early morning, but he was chipper and bright-eyed (well, sort of) when he got up before 3:00. I went ahead and planned an early morning hot breakfast to make sure he was well tanked before they left. That meant I got up at 2:45. I feel your sympathy.

Okay, enough of the dramatics. I'm planning to go back to bed soon if my kitties will let me. But I think all this traveling has been really good for him so far. He enjoys having that time away from dear old mom and having a few guys to hang out with. They'll have plenty of free time on the convention schedule, so I hope he uses it wisely. I know I did when I attended IYC!

Closing down for now. Maybe I'll post again later. Nah, probably just wait until tomorrow unless a brilliant realization hits me once again.

2 comments:

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

I just got my 2 youngest home late last night from camp in Florida. They had to rough it on the beach for a week. "Toto this doesn't look like Seminole anymore"

Denise said...

Obviously! Can they truly call it "camp" anymore?