Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fireworks Extravaganza Review

Hooray and Happy Independence Day!

Last night we had a great time blowing up the sky. I like to buy the big night stuff - yes, my yearly weakness. However, it does seem like each year there's always a couple of items I purchase that disappoint me and vow never to waste my money on that particular one again.

Everything I bought this year I absolutely loved! And I didn't spend my usual fortune to do it.

There were a couple of pieces I bought again that seem to be good crowd pleasers every year, and they aren't real expensive. These would be "Above the Law" and "Perpetual Motion".

A couple of fountains we bought just blew us away. "Behemoth" is kinda pricey for a fountain ($13) but I highly recommend this one. It reminds me of the Energizer Bunny - it keeps going, and going, and going...you get the drift. It is really tall too, so all the crackling crystalizing sparkling showers go higher than any other fountain I've ever seen. TRULY a masterpiece of fountains.

Then there was a surprisingly small, reasonably priced skyward item that was fantastic - "Crackling Color Palm". It had fountain-like effects with several exploding shots with following trails of silver and gold. Quite spectacular!

My all-time favorite is still "One Bad Mother". I just love the continual bursts and crackling plumes of little dancing amoebas filling the sky. We usually call them something else, but I'll keep this post "G"-rated for now.

We didn't go quite as long as usual, since it was my sister's year to go to her in-laws, but we had a good time with cousins, my aunt and uncle, parents, and all the next generation kids. I think we just may have talked them into coming to our usual bash we'll have again next year.

Until then, celebrate our freedom until we can once again blow up the sky next year!

No comments: