Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Waiting Game

We bought our fireworks this evening. Now the waiting game begins.

When my son was younger I used to spend some money on the cute little fireworks like snappers, snakes, lady fingers, little tanks, etc. Now I don't bother. It's all the big stuff, baby.

I love those 500 gram ones. The tall ones pack a real wallop and go on for long enough that I get to have time to light it, run away, and still get to sit down and enjoy it for a little bit. Got a 36 shot this year. Hee-hee-hee! Let's see what that baby can do, eh?

My son actually spent less but I think he ended up with more. He was a little wiser with his purchases this year.

I spent less this year too, but not so much because I wanted to. After buying the new house, furnishing and decorating (my decor was out of date and didn't really match the look of the new house) my savings looks a little peaked. Oh well - there's always next year.

Three days and counting. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

2 comments:

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

Have fun tonight Denise! We are going to Kim and Tim's. Then to the city display. I would say tell everyone hi for me but I'm sure you are already there.

Denise said...

Yep! We had a great time, but I'm looking forward to an even bigger production next year. Someday you need to join us in helping to blow up the sky.