Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Making Time For Friends

I'm feeling all ooey-gooey tonight.

After I left work this evening, I met a couple of friends for dinner. We had a great time for two and ahalf hours. Talked about work, food, family, writing, and offered encouragement to one another. They're a great couple to just let my hair down with. Yes, I know that was grammatically incorrect, but like I said.

When I arrived home, another friend just drove up and wanted to show me some of the things she'd made for her boyfriend's birthday tomorrow. She needed to ensure she wasn't going overboard and discussed last minute plans. We talked about relationships, how hard they can be, but how essential relationships of all sorts are to our well-being. While she was there, another acquaintence popped in real quick to just touch base, see the new house, ask a couple of questions then run to an appointment he'd set up to show a house.

My friend hung out at the house for almost an hour and ahalf before she left. It was a wonderful time to just chat about everything without the kids around and talk frankly with one another. When she got ready to leave, I told her how I felt so blessed this evening and that it was truly amazing to have been bombarded with so many friends in one four hour period.

Instead of feeling tired, I feel rejuvenated. My friends mean the world to me, and I'm always happy to offer encouragement and share tears and loads of laughter.

I think it's time to break in my new house and furniture with a big dinner party!

No comments: