Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chicago Frolicking

My dear friends and family - I will be out of commission the remainder of the week. Chicago frolicking is calling.

Nah, more like I gotta work early mornings and late nights. I'm attending and displaying for my company at the annual SBDC conference. It's always great to see old friends and make new ones, but it sure gets crazy. Usually by the end of the conference I'm hoarse and can hardly see straight from talking to over a thousand participants.

Really is alot of fun though, because I love interacting with people. Just wish things were going better on the home front, but we'll see where all of that leads.

My mom is coming up to care for my son until my return. Then it is a weekend of Christmas shopping. Yes, my sisters hate me. September is actually very late for me to start my shopping.

Well truth be told I started shopping in June when we went to the Hotel del Coronado. Heck, last year I started my Christmas shopping in January. Bought my son a leather coat at the big inventory clearance sales.

So maybe I'll find some time to check out some stores in Chicago. More likely I'll check out the food.

Have a great week, and as Arnold says it - "I'll be back!"

2 comments:

Sierra Leone Mission Trips said...

How was your frolicking?? I've never been to Chicago, but would love to go sometime. My husband was near there years back for church leadership training at Willow Creek. He loved the area.

God bless!

Denise said...

Gustav rained on our parade. We got out of the convention center and hotel very briefly on the last day. Would have liked seeing more of downtown Chicago, but perhaps I'll get to go back again someday. Just glad to have had a safe and productive trip!