Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Oh No She Didn't

Audition results are in for the church Christmas program.

Ruth gave me the lead.

Part of me wanted it really bad and the other part knew I'd be in a bit of trouble if this be the case. The verdict is in - this be the case.

After being completely out of that arena for so many years, I'm stunned she went ahead and cast me in such an important role. Ruth didn't cast the role yet of my character's husband, so I have no idea who I will be play opposite. Hope she ends up picking someone who can put up with me having a tendency to make suggestions and take the lead. No pun intended.

That's at least how I used to be. Not sure how I will be this time around. My confidence level isn't really up there, if you know what I mean. And no, don't go telling me it's like riding a bike. I feel a little rusty in the acting department and yes, you can lose your edge.

Oh gosh, I'm just not sure how to feel about all of this at the moment. Perhaps when rehearsals begin it will all begin to come back to me.

Oh no! What if there's a kissing scene???

4 comments:

Gary said...

Congrats, Denise. I know you'll do a great job.

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

Hooray!!!! Good luck with the mushy scenes. ;-)

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

By the way, tell Tyler happy 16th!!!

Denise said...

Oh gee, thanks sis! I don't yet know if there are any mushy scenes. Thanks too, Gary and Tonya. I'm still nervous but hopefully the first rehearsals will quell it some and excitement will begin to replace it.