Saturday, September 6, 2008

I'm Baaack!


Look out - I'm baaaack!

Chicago was wet and rainy with the last remnants of Gustav hanging over our heads. Well we were there to work anyway, but I was dying for some good 'ol Chicago deep-dish pizza. After the last morning session, the rain stopped long enough for us to walk to Giordano's a couple of blocks away for an early lunch. Ah, patience does have a purpose.

The pizza was magnifique! We had a sausage, pepperoni, and onion deep-dish stuffed pizza. The cheese was oozing out with every bite. It was SO worth the wait.

We stayed at the Hyatt on Wacker Street along the downtown riverwalk project. I had a great view from my fourteenth floor window. Saw the torrent of rain splashing in the water from on high. It sure would have been nice to have walked during the afternoons when the exhibit hall was closed. Alas, it will have to wait for another time.

Our driver, Mark, had so much fun telling us all about the movies shot in Chicago, about how the scene in "The Dark Knight" where the semi rig was driving down the road was shot just down the street from our hotel at 3:00 am. The CTA trains reminded me of "While You Were Sleeping" and then of course "The Lake House" was shot there as well. Had no idea so many modern movies were placed in Chicago. I think Mark was proud of the fact.

I'm dying to read up on some of the history of the buildings in downtown Chicago, specifically the clock tower building across the street from our hotel. It has a very gothic feel to it. Mark mentioned that some of the architecture reminds him of some beautiful buildings in Jerusalem. My mother would love it!

Maybe I can go back someday - NOT in September though.

No comments: