Monday, September 1, 2008

Preparations Underway

This weekend we went down to visit some of my family in Oklahoma. Got back late this evening and am trying to prepare for a crazy week. It was all my fault.

I was on a mission to find some Thanksgiving decor for my big family event at MY house this year. Takes alot of preparation to host eighteen people. :-) Figured I'd better get things moving right along.

When it comes to decorations, I'm a real nutcase. I needed a bigger house just so I could finally get out and display all of my Christmas stuff collected over the years. That's when I really go ca-razy! I've got quite a few cute Halloween decorations too. But when it comes to Thanksgiving I've been a little remiss on decor because I've never had the space to be family host before.

That's all about to change.

One thing I've always wanted to get was a man and woman pilgrim couple, but then I'm picky on how I want things to look. I like realism and somewhat of an elegance.

So I ended up buying two pilgrim couple sets. Hey, I've got two tables to decorate, not counting the coffee table, the end table, etc., etc., etc. Then I've got these great pumpkin candle holders and leaf imprint pillars. Then I'm ordering a long table centerpiece with silks and candles for the main table lighting. It's going to look so awesome.

Oops - just had a valley girl moment there.

Next item on the agenda is organizing family outings. That will have to wait until next week.

No comments: