Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sweet Sixteen

I can't believe it - my baby boy is sixteen today.

The years have gone by so fast. I still remember celebrating his first birthday at our family reunion at the Bristow campgrounds in Oklahoma. Now here he is sporting a beard (or trying to grow it back), driving, and working out like a man!

Tomorrow is his big party. It's coed this year. We're going to Kyoto's, a Japanese steakhouse that we visited one other time. First time that kid ever ate shrimp. And he actually enjoyed it!

Yep, he's definitely growing up now that he'll try real food.

We've been cleaning this evening, and boy I'm pooped. Picked up his cake this afternoon (I'm NOT going to have time tomorrow with everything else going on), and as soon as he goes to bed I've got to get the wrapping paper out and wrap his present. Even his gift is non-kid'ish and I just know he's going to like it. Kinda goes with his new-found workout routine.

So far this has been a really good year for him. I certainly hope it continues. He deserves it.

Happy 16th, hon!

No comments: