Monday, September 15, 2008

Passport Please

Well we're one step closer to the big European trip next summer.

Too bad I'm not going (waaaah!), but I'm still so thrilled for my son with having such an incredible opportunity. Really hope he enjoys it.

Part of the preparations are securing him his very first, very own, United States Grade-A passport. Over the weekend I filled out the form, then we ran to Walgreens to get his passport photos taken (another cool bearded photo-op). Tomorrow we'll run to the acceptance facility and get it off and running.

They take up to three months to get, you know. We're not taking any chances.

It's amazing how quickly the new school year came on. Less than two more weeks and my baby turns 16. June will get here before you know it. I don't want there to be any last minute hangups.

Well, I may get a little hung up...or wrung out. But that shouldn't be my son's problem. I just need to make sure he's got all his ducks in a row early on so he has nothing to worry about by the time next summer rolls around.

Then I'll watch him fly off into the sunset, bound for an adventure of a lifetime.

No comments: