Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First Signs of Spring

If I didn't know it was February, I'd think it was April.

We've had the most bizarre weather today. Here it is, still the early stages of February and we had a huge thunderstorm with torrential rain, hail, and topped off with a gorgeous full double rainbow at sunset.

I heard they had tornadoes down in Oklahoma. Hope that doesn't come our way, cause I'm not ready for tornado season yet.

In a way, the thunderstorm was actually kinda nice. There's something about cloudy weather, a little rain (little!) and rumbles of thunder that make for a relaxing day. Usually I'll curl up with a good book or do some writing on days like that.

Instead I spent the day applying for a job with the FDIC.

Last year I remember a weekend when my son was gone. I awoke to a Saturday morning that quickly switched from a light rain to incredible and heavy snowfall all day long.

Believe it or not, there were even some rumbles of thunder and a little lightning thrown in for good measure. It was like having the best of both worlds all wrapped into one.

Wait a minute - that phrase reminds me of something. Nah!

Maybe tomorrow I'll take a little time off in the morning to read a good book. They said it could rain overnight and into the day tomorrow, so I think I'll try and take advantage of it. Who knows how long I might have such opportunity.

Hopefully not too much longer, if I can at all help it. :-)

4 comments:

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

What did the phrase remind you of? "These are a few of my favorite things" :o)

Denise said...

No, no, no - best of both worlds. It's the Hannah Montana theme song. Yes, we still watch Disney occasionally.

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

Welcome to my world. I think I like those shows more than my kids.

Denise said...

I get a little tired of them after awhile, but it's still nice that there are some clean and funny shows on TV.