Sunday, February 1, 2009

How 'Bout Them Apples?

Was that an awesome Super Bowl or what????

Just finished watching the Super Bowl between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Arizona Cardinals. Amazing fourth quarter, let me tell you.

Have to admit - I haven't watched much football all season, but I can't NOT watch the Super Bowl.

Years ago I was a rabid sports fanatic. When it came to football, it was pro all the way. Basketball, I preferred the collegiate level. Never missed a game. Didn't care how late I had to stay up. When my team won I couldn't sleep. When they lost - same story, different reason.

Somewhere along the way sports took a backseat to more important things in life. I don't live and die by who wins or loses anymore. Sometimes that actually makes it more fun.

Tonight I was rooting for the Cardinals. I remember when Kurt Warner was with the Rams. Then too the Cards were the underdogs.

I'm always a sucker for the Cinderella team. That is, unless they are playing my 49'ers or KU.

Even so, it didn't matter so much to me who ended up winning. Sure was hard seeing Arizona come all the way back from a thirteen-point deficit only to lose in the final moments. But wow - what a catch by Holmes. Can't fault the guy for that one.

Which is why I can still say - congratulations, Steelers. You pulled it out tonight. Way to go!

It made it a great game that way too, don't you know.

No comments: