Thursday, February 19, 2009

Possible Promising Properties

Getting ready for a very busy weekend. It will be likely I won't be able to post on Saturday.

Mom and Dad are coming up this weekend. I've been working to find a good agent that my dad will appreciate, finding some good properties, and working with the agent to set up appointments.

Missed out on a few of the properties on my list. Four are already under contract, with one estimated to close on Monday.

Shoot!

However, in scavenging about I may have stumbled onto a tax sale property. The agent is doing more checking into this for me, but I did verify that at least for the last reporting period that the owners were delinquent on property taxes and that the property is vacant.

Maybe the county will be auctioning that off soon. Be nice if we could get into it to see. Gee, that almost sounds a little heartless. Guess it would feel bad if the people hadn't already vacated the property. Who knows how long it's been sitting empty.

There are a few other properties that I've checked into that are FSBO - For Sale By Owner. One sounds like a possible promising property.

How's that for an alliteration?

So far we have nine appointments set up starting at 11:00 on Saturday. I only hope we can get some good deals on a few of these properties to make all this worth my parents' and the agent's time.

Be horrifying if nothing came from all of this - for everyone involved.

No comments: