Thursday, February 5, 2009

Faith Steps

Last night at choir practice, a friend of mine gave me a DVD that she told me I just had to watch. So tonight we didn't have anything on our agenda and decided to watch Fireproof. The story was actually quite good.

Kirk Cameron was the main character. No offense, but it is obvious he is the only professional actor in the show. If you can get past some of the acting capacities, it truly is a beautiful film.

I cried three or four times. My son wants to buy the movie for ourselves, but that will have to wait until I am once again employed.

Hope it won't be too much longer.

It's kinda funny, though. The story behind how this church stepped out in faith to make both this and their other movie, Facing the Giants, is quite inspirational. Just goes to show you that when God is in it nothing will be impossible.

Which brings me to a weird place in my own life.

I don't believe in coincidences. I believe things happen for a reason - good and bad. I believe that there may be something more happening in regard to this layoff I'm encountering. Been scared. Been a little depressed with not finding a job right away. Been frustrated and angry.

Even a little angry at God.

But I also know that this also provides me with an opportunity to seek out something more to do with my life other than the corporate run-around. I so much want to discover what it is that God is doing through this. Problem is not knowing what that something is or what direction to turn at the moment. My focus is all over the place - which means I'm not focusing.

There's several possibilities floating around. Working with my stylist to help her in her salon, talking to my dad about going into a partnership with him. But I also want to explore something involving my talents.

I'm working on querying agents about my book. Nothing's happening there, but I've also just begun. I'm talking to some people about maybe doing more theatre work and actually getting paid for it. I'm even thinking way off the charts.

Not ready to talk about that at this point. Let's just say that it is a WAAAAAY big faith step.

Maybe through all of this I'll finally figure it out or at least have a light shine down on me and say, "THIS IS THE WAY".

Hey, it could happen!

Just look what a little faith and a few cameras did for a church down in Georgia.

2 comments:

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

You handle this so well. I know that I don't see you on a day by day basis but you seem to put a lot of good thought into what you would "enjoy" doing. I am praying for you.

Denise said...

Some days are better than others, but at the moment I'm not stressing too badly. Really want to figure out what more I can do besides the known. Appreciate the prayers!