Saturday, February 28, 2009

Painful Memories - Not Precious

Finally beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel today.

Had the first decent night's sleep in a week. Had more energy this afternoon. Got a few chores completed around the house. My kitchen was in dire need.

Let me tell you - when one is down that bad for that long, the house begins to get creepy. Know what I mean?

I'm just glad I can't smell anything yet.

Still can't hear anything out of the left ear either, which means I'll probably need to steer clear of the choir loft tomorrow.

Drat!

Haven't been able to sing for a stinking entire week. Sure was hoping that these antibiotics would've kicked in faster so I could partake in the lofty skies. My fault though. I let things get waaaay out of hand before going to the doctor.

In my defense, I'm not one of those who run to the doctor the moment they get a sniffle or a fever. Usually it plays out and I'm all better shortly. I mean who'd thunk it that I'd get such a bad ear infection? Haven't had one since I was fourteen.

Wow! Twenty-five years ago. I remember it well because we were driving down to Florida and making a big two week vacation of it that turned into four. Never will be able to forget how that disastrous trip started for me.

I only hope that if there is ever another ear infection in store for my future that it takes another twenty-five years or more to get there again.

It'll take at least that long for me to forget about the pain.

2 comments: