Monday, March 2, 2009

Hope on the Horizon

Received my unemployment card over the weekend.

Gosh, I hated filing for unemployment. I've typically had a good savings built up. Still have some, but it will have to be utilized to supplement unemployment as needed until something more comes up on the job front.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Actually I received a call back message for an interview from a company I applied with a couple of months ago. Guess I didn't make their initial cut, but I'm finally getting at least a foot in the door.

We've been playing a bit of phone tag and haven't been able to connect. I'm hoping tomorrow that I'll finally reach her live and in person and we can get an interview scheduled.

This is a company I'd really like to consider working for. Small, but growth oriented company that is really going places in the area. That's the kind of ship I like to sail on - forward thinking and small enough to still have good input in helping to achieve goals.

Which is one reason I jumped on this job opening initially when it popped up. Not a perfect fit, but I can always learn procedures. It's just the chance to get involved somewhere where I think I could have great input.

Hopefully I'll get that chance.

No comments: