Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's What Mother's Do Best

Tonight is the start of my son's big Memphis choir trip. I know he'll have a really good time.

Only thing is he started sniffling quite a bit in the last 24 hours. I'm a little concerned that he may be coming down with something, so I sent him with a good kit of some helpful medicine to get him through - just in case.

Of course, he'd never in a million years admit he wasn't feeling good, particularly if that meant missing a trip.

Oh boy. I sure hope he's good come June when he leaves for Europe.

But this is only a few days out and then home again. They've got a full schedule of activities, concerts, and such so I hope his voice holds up. Then next weekend he's got two solos to sing for regionals and the group songs. Then there's state. It's a busy month coming up.

I know he'll be fine. Just being overly-protective.

It's what mother's do best!

Regardless, I know the trip will be fun for him even if he isn't feeling quite up to par. I told him to be sure and take some pictures of Graceland for his grandma. She was quite the Elvis fan in her younger years.

Meanwhile, I'll be home praying for a safe and productive trip - and throw in a prayer that he's feeling okay.

We mother's tend to do that too, you know.

No comments: