Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Starting To Get To Me

Something hit me over the weekend. I'm starting to feel a bit nervous about the job situation. I've had one job interview in the last two months. Yes, the industry has been hit hard, but gee!

Figured there would be a little more activity. Initially there was but it has waned drastically during the last couple of weeks. It's starting to get to me now that this could go on for awhile. Oh boy.

Been trying to make unemployment stretch as far as possible so that I don't have to supplement from savings. Really glad now that I've been doing that because my savings might just have to last me when unemployment runs out. Oh gosh, never thought I'd actually come to that but reality is rapidly bearing down.

Ouch!

Nothing more has yet to happen with the job I'd interviewed for, but she did warn me that they've got alot going on at the moment and don't have a definite timeline for the position yet. Just hate to be hanging my hat on only one peg though. Sure would be nice to have a couple of irons in the fire about now.

But I did pray that God would open a new path if that was in His plan. My only problem is that I don't have a clue about how to go about pursuing my passions in a way that would provide some sort of immediate income. Wish He'd just point out the path and exactly where I need to go to get there, but that is rarely His way. Just wish it wasn't so scary.

For now I'll continue to pray and keep my eyes and ears open to His leading. Maybe He'll hold onto my fear in the meantime too.

No comments: