Sunday, March 29, 2009

They're On Their Way

My son called a little while ago to tell me that they'd crossed into Oklahoma on their way back from their Memphis trip.

Just a few more hours and he'll be home. Said he had some awesome news to tell me when he got back. I asked him if they won the grand prize contest trophy, but he wouldn't say anything more.

The little stinker!

So now I have to wait until around midnight for his return to find out this great news. By then I may be too tired to care.

Naaaah! I'm so excited for him - I just know they won.

He did share with me that their teacher told them that the school was going to require them to attend tomorrow morning.

Say what?

Their schedule (approved by the school, mind you) showed that they were excused from school tomorrow since their return would be so late. He's got an important forensics tournament Tuesday that I will be participating in as a judge (oh the power!). Those kids are going to desperately need some sleep.

Unless they won the grand prize. Then I can understand their desire to be present for accolades when the results are announced at school tomorrow.

So I have to wait a few more hours to discover the results. Great - now I won't be able to sleep either.

No comments: