Monday, March 30, 2009

GRAND CHAMPIONS!

The votes are in - GRAND CHAMPIONS!!!

My son returned just before midnight last night to show me their sweep of the choir contest. First place in mixed choirs. First place in ladies choir. First place in men's choir.

Overall Grand Champions.

The trophy and medal collections were magnificent. My son quickly took me in the choir room at the high school and showed me their plunder. Even though tired, he seemed quite animated in his description of the event.

The excitement waned rather drastically as soon as he stepped through the door at home. The cats were so happy to see him (Toby particularly), so I let him pet and cuddle them briefly.

But morning was already upon us, so he got ready for bed and hit the pillows. Doubt if he even remembered hitting the bed, much less the pillows. Needless to say, it was difficult for both of us to get up this morning but particularly for him. As Grand Champions, I figured they should get a little reprieve from today's study requirements but, as I told him on the way to school this morning, this is a part of life. Sometimes we've got to take the bad with the good.

Upcoming Saturday is regionals so there will be no reprieve this week for the weary soul.

I've a feeling he's looking forward to a nap this afternoon. I know I am.

In the meantime, I've alot of people to notify of their incredible accomplishment.

Congratulations, Mr. Engels and choir.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Big Congrats! Give him a big hug for me! -Tonya

Denise said...

Will do!