Friday, March 6, 2009

Well Glory Be

Well glory be - two great days in a row.

This afternoon I got my son off to his second forensics tournament (they were out of school today), had lunch with some dear friends, and got a request for a job interview.

Yes, you read that right - I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW!

It's about stinking time.

This is with a company I've been excited about the prospect of working for. Small, local firm with forward-thinking, growth-oriented goals - that's what I'm talking about.

The possibility of working for this company is the only thing that has had me thrilled in the job search arena. However, I put in my application for two different positions with them almost two months ago. Hadn't heard a thing since. Was disappointed to say the least.

Then out of the blue (while I was very sick, mind you) I received a message from their HR department. Called them back twice with no response.

Figured they might be a bit busy but was very anxious to hear back from them. This is the only company that has made my heart do a little up-tick at the thought of working for them.

Shortly upon my return from lunch, I received a phone call from their HR manager. She apologized for not having returned my calls (returning her call) and that they'd been quite busy the last couple of weeks.

No problem! I was just glad to talk to her now.

We've set up an interview appointment for next Tuesday at 11:00.

For anyone out there reading, if you're a praying sort I'd appreciate as many prayers to the Lord as possible at the moment. Seeking His guidance in the job search.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll definately be praying for you.

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

I will be praying for you Denise.

Denise said...

Definitely appreciated all!

Gary said...

I think one of my spiritual gifts is faith--and I've no doubt that the Lord is going to do something wonderful in the next hour (the time is 10:30 on March 10th)! Praise the Lord! -Tonya