Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas!

But it's almost April - funny thing about spring in Kansas. Rarely do you leave March without the biggest snowstorm of the year. We got a whopper yesterday and today.

It quit snowing about mid-afternoon, much to my chagrin. We didn't quite get the accumulation they predicted, partly because of the back-and-forth between ice and snow. Ended up with more ice than snow, but boy it would have been a mountainous drift if it'd all been snow.

It's something I rarely tire of - snow, that is.

Snow makes me feel like a kid, the rapturous fascination with watching it fall and cover the grass until there's nothing but white. Then when the sunshine comes back out, it's almost like a covering of diamonds.

Hurts the eyes, but oh so pretty.

Shortly after it stopped, I went out to my car to start the process of unburying the encased vehicle. Needed to see if I could eventually get it out and check the main roads. Since it's been two days since I've seen human habitation, I really wanted to try to go to church tomorrow.

A couple of hours later, I was thrilled to see the road crews out and about clearing the mass of ice and snow. They'd already done a great job on the main highways. KUDOS to our road crews. They are always standing by during bad weather for the moment the storm stops. Then they are in their trucks and out on the highways regardless of the day or time.

Give those guys a raise!

So even though Christmas is still several months away, I'm thankful to be getting out of my ice-encased home to head to church tomorrow morning.

Just not looking forward to the freezing temperatures. Be a good morning to wear a pantsuit.

Then give it a couple of days and we'll be back into the sixties. Hello - Kansas!

No comments: