Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Return

I finally made it back to critique group again tonight!

After being away for several months for the play last year and then off for the month of December, I was really looking forward to seeing everyone in January.

Made it to one group meeting but there were only a couple of us there. Then there was the annual retreat that I unfortunately had to miss, and then the blessed ear infection.

Gosh, it's been a rough winter.

So we made it back together tonight (minus Mighty Bri). Felt good to see everyone. By this point, I've had a few months to get used to my new haircut (that isn't so new anymore) so was surprised when there was a comment about my hair. Felt silly when I had the "duh" moment.

It's just nice to know people notice the important things in life - even after not seeing each other for months on end.

That's when you know you've got good friends.

No comments: