Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Post-Interview Interview

I've been on the phone almost non-stop since I returned home from my interview. Since my son has his big contest concert tonight in preparation for their Memphis trip, I'd better go ahead and blog while I have time.

As I've mentioned, it's been more than ten years since I last interviewed for a job. When I get a job I usually stay for quite some time. It's a matter of loyalty, you know. To prepare I emailed and talked to a friend of mine that has been in HR most of her adult life. In order to feel somewhat good about the process I wanted to ensure I was "up" on the current interview techniques. The most important thing she told me was to just be myself.

I must have been well prepared because the interview went very well. We talked, asked questions of each other, and just discussed our general viewpoints on certain related issues. There were several times I was very frank, but I got the impression she appreciated that. Later in the interview she highlighted certain components of their culture. Each time it was a reflection of something I'd told her earlier about my own viewpoint. Ding-ding-ding, we have a winner!

Needless to say the interview went for about an hour and ahalf - pretty good, I'd think. They're going to be making decisions on candidates for secondary interviews soon. I've a good feeling I may be in the running.

As I was driving home I reviewed the job description she'd handed me. If I may be so bold, it sounds like the job was written just for me.

Hey, it is a fairly new position too. Hmmmm. :-)

1 comment:

Gary said...

Was there ever any doubt? -TLC