Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Visiting With Uncle Sam

Worked on my taxes today after spending most of the day job hunting.

Yes, it's that time of year again when Uncle Sam comes a'calling. I'm getting a decent return this year, thank God. It will come in handy during this time off.

Of course, I'd originally planned to utilize it for more important things, namely upcoming annual bills for home insurance and the other half of my property taxes on this new house.

Guess it isn't so new anymore since we've lived in it over a year now. Wow - I remember when it felt like we were never going to feel settled here. Now I can't believe we survived so long in that little-bitty house.

I'd love to have that little-bitty payment right about now. But I digress.

I tried out that free Turbo Tax online form. Pretty slick! For my entire life, I've always done my own taxes. Figured it would be fun to try this at least once, especially since it was free (fed return anyway). Easy to do, but it makes me feel weird not having done the calculations myself.

My anality is showing again.

So I went to print it out and my ink cartridge ran out and needs to be replaced. Wal-mart will be calling come morning.

Uncle Sam will just have to wait one more day.

No comments: