Monday, November 17, 2008

Dreaming of a White Christmas

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!

Well I've got two more Christmas presents to buy for extended family and one more to buy for my son.

Time is running out.

No, I'm not one of those kind of people who relish the idea of getting up at 4:00 in the morning to attend the 5:00 door-buster sales the day after Thanksgiving (though I may have to do it this year if my family wants to since they don't know where all the stores are around here). I usually have all my shopping done by the first of November.

There've been a few distractions the last few months. Maybe?

So now that we're getting close to Thanksgiving and I won't have any time next week for shopping purposes (except as they relate to FOOD!), there's a sense of desperation building up. I've just got to finish up this week.

Those crazy Christmas shoppers scare me - or get on my last nerve. I have a tendency to think it is probably more of the later, in all honesty. I've no patience for idiots.

The Christmas season is something I truly relish. Can't help it. I think my secret middle name must be Claus or Kringle. Anyway Christmas is rarely far from my mind no matter the time of year. Therefore I refuse to let idiot impatient shoppers step all over my season of joy.

Which is why I generally boycott stores after Thanksgiving. Don't care about the sales, bargains, or special early-morning discounts.

It's having the time to appreciate the crisp, nose-tingling air - the cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows - carols (why don't people do more of that?) - the beauty of the lights - the hope of Christ.

And if we get a white Christmas, that's just frosting on the cake!

1 comment:

Pamela J Pierce, RDN, LD said...

Depends on the color of your frosting.... :o)