Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thanksgiving Traditions

I'm going to cheat on my blog tonight. My sister Pam is the one responsible for making me sign up on facebook so I could answer her monthly question about what everyone is planning to do for Thanksgiving, traditions, favorite foods, etc. Therefore, for my blog post tonight I'm copying my response to her. I'd love to hear comments from any readers out there on what their plans are for celebrating Thanksgiving!


Okay, Pam, for you I'm taking a break from planning and chores to answer your question (thank you very much, by the way, for guiding me to the proper section here).

So for the first time in my adult life - I GET TO HOST OUR FAMILY THANKSGIVING DINNER!!!!!!

No, I'm not a bit excited.

Last year we moved into our big new house the day before Thanksgiving with the plans that since this year would be the B--- "on" year that I would be the one to host the entire immediate family. Expecting seventeen counting baby Madi. :-)

Of course we have to have turkey - I'm going to have a smoked turkey and a standard version. Hello, cranberry sauce! Mom's pumpkin pie, Pam's apple, Angie's chocolate, and my cherry (yes, the pies are the most important food group on the menu). Then all the trimmings of mashed potatoes, corn, sweet potatoes, broccoli rice, dressing, you name it.

Thanksgiving morning we girls will kick the guys out to go play golf or just walk/drive the course while we get ready to serve up a good turkey coma. The kids can run around the yard or walk down to the park to play some basketball. We'll go around the table and mention what we're thankful for (Angie's got something up her sleeve). After dinner the guys will watch football and talk about how they overate (while running for that second helping of pie) while we girls go pile on my mile high bed and watch a girlie movie (maybe a Boyfriend For Christmas!) while the chicken/turkey and noodles are cooking for supper. That night we'll either go out to see a movie or stay in and watch Silent Night.

Friday is my traditional day to go get my Christmas tree, but I'll probably wait until saying goodbye to everyone (waaaah!). Wait, that doesn't count as a Thanksgiving tradition, does it?

No comments: