Friday, November 7, 2008

Making Fun of Gary...and Other Fun Pastimes

The last vestiges of illness are finally starting to die out. Just have a little nagging cough, but otherwise I'm definitely on the mend. Been thinking alot this week.

I sure miss my critique group.

Okay, guys, you can all laugh at me now, but I do miss you (hey, Mighty Bri, even you!). I miss teasing Gary about having no other shirt than his light blue El Paso, Texas t-shirt. I miss whispering to Bri-Bob-Rectangular-Pants (porky pig!). Been missing celebrating Julie's publishing accomplishments (hey, girl, I was even thinking this week about your "appearance" on Fox News). And Tonya, I missed seeing your Halloween costume this year in person (loved the pictures though).

Even though we all have different backgrounds, have different likes and dislikes, various views on the world, and completely opposite genres we like to read and write, you've all become so much more to me than a mere critique group.

You're my friends.

Heck, maybe you would rather not claim me. I get that alot. Oh well, I still miss talking to you and having our second and fourth Thursday gatherings. I look forward to the day the play is over (in a way) and I can get back into the swing of things - chew the fat, offer my two cents (if it's even worth that much), make fun of Gary, see a whole new side of the supernatural, etc.

Yup, it's now official. I truly have no life. ;-)

2 comments:

Brian Johnson said...

Yes, how I miss you Cowardly Lion, Tin Man, and Scarecrow.

We miss you too, Denise. There is way too much sanity when you're away.

Mighty B

Denise said...

I'll take that as a compliment.

So who are you? Dorothy?