Monday, November 3, 2008

Hacking At The Moon - and other nighttime events

We've advanced to the coughing stage. Just when you need sleep to get over the junk, you spend your nights hacking at the moon.

Hey, there are still some things to be thankful for. My son has his first job interview this week!!!

I knew it would happen someday but just didn't think it would take this long. Thursday right after school he runs over to Braum's to interview for several positions they have open. Certainly hope they're willing to work with his schedule. I'm keeping Wednesday nights and Sundays open for church and family time, but the rest is up for grabs.

The last place he talked to on the phone wanted closers. Hello, he's still a student. Ain't no way I'm going to let anyone pressure job before school.

Gotta learn to keep the priorities in life firmly in place. That's why no Wednesday nights. I have told him that if they really need him that he could work after 3:00 on Sundays but Sunday mornings are off limits. That leaves Monday night, Tuesday night, Thursday night, Friday night (hey, that's a real plus in this town!) and Saturday. With school work thrown into the mix, I think that's enough availability.

He'll only be part-time for now anyway. After all, he's still got a life to live now. Then Europe next summer.

I'm thinking my evenings very soon may allow for a tad of free time. I could get used to that.

No comments: