Friday, November 28, 2008

Peace

Well the family is all gone save Mom. She decided to stay and help us with getting our Christmas tree tomorrow.

It's an annual tradition we like to keep. :-)

Never have I felt so truly blessed with the joy of having most of my immediate family around me in my own home. My beautiful new dining table looked even more exquisite with my loved ones gathered around it. I believe everyone was comfortable with sleeping arrangements. The kids had fun playing video games, running around outside playing a version of hide and seek in the dark with black clothes, and then running out to our special movie theatre last night.

My sisters and our mom puttered around the kitchen with meal preparations and cleanup duties. Chores are so much more fun with family around. While the guys commandeered the television in the family room, Mom, my sisters, and I plopped like dollops of Cool Whip on my bed and watched our movies.

And I'm so glad I went the extra mile with two ovens!!!! We'd also have never survived without the extra fridge. The leftovers are packed in both, but we made a substantial dent in them today before everyone left. Out of seven pies we have just a few more pieces to finish off.

The smoked turkey went over great - was so glad I decided to have two different turkeys. Even got an amazing compliment on the dressing (thank you Stove Top for the base from which to start). Pam's cranberry salad was superb. Angie's chocolate pies were excellent, as usual. Then, of course, Mom's cream cheese mashed potatoes - aaaah! It was all heaven on a plate.

Now for the tree. Next weekend the play. Then we can relax and enjoy the Christmas season.

Tonight the snow is falling in lazy swirls. My hope is that with the holiday season upon us you will find joy and peace.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: