Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One Step Closer

Wow! My son received his passport in the mail already. We just ordered it about two weeks ago (right when I was coming down with the junk).

The site said it could take up to twelve weeks. I was sweating it because he has to have a copy of his passport into the organization by February 1st when the last payment is due.

Nothing like cutting it close and living on the edge.

Guess I shouldn't have worried. Maybe this time of the year is a bit slow and they don't have a backlog. Maybe they just liked his picture and some young lady got his application and decided to rush it through in hopes she might get to meet him some day.

Okay, okay - you never know what a girl will do for a cute guy.

So much for the weird thoughts. Anyway I almost fell out of the car when I realized what it was. Figured it might be the copy of his birth certificate. Nope - out fell his passport booklet.

My son was ecstatic!

I think for the first time since all this started the trip became very real, and the passport meant he was one step closer to getting there. It's hard to believe we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving in two weeks. Christmas will be here and then the New Year. My annual writer's retreat in February, spring break and the Memphis choir trip in March, Easter in April, end of school in May and then he's off to London and beyond come June.

My gosh - I better get busy saving some more. He's going to need some spending money too.

No comments: