Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Off To The Races

The final push is on. I've spent all day today cleaning and preparing for guest arrivals. Mom and Dad come in tonight, while everyone else will be coming tomorrow afternoon/evening.

I can't believe it is finally almost here.

Lost alot of time yesterday running around trying to find my last few costumes for the play, but I cannot complain. DAV had some great period piece tweed suits actually from the 1940's. Found one that fit almost perfect, so my friend Lori is going to do a small amount of tweaking for me.

She should get a byline in the program for costume mistress. I'm a little hard to fit in a particular area so nothing fits quite right off the rack, especially clothes cut from a less generous time in our history, fashionably speaking. So Lori has gone with me on all my costuming expeditions since she's an expert seamstress. Great eye for details and tucks.

It's all beyond me.

Anyway, don't have alot of time to write tonight. The dinner bell is about to ring and the house still has a few areas that require attention.

Off to the races!

No comments: