Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Product Recommendation

Arrival day has arrived!

That sounded weird.

Oh well - Mom and Dad arrived safely last night while I was at play rehearsal (which is going pretty good, despite my unruly lungs). My sisters and their families will be arriving this afternoon into the early evening hours.

Still trying to get a few last minute things taken care of and have started tonight's dinner of chili with all the fixins. I'll try and get the turkeys in the oven today so they can be filling the air with the smells of Thanksgiving (no, I'm not getting up at 5:00 in the morning to cook the blasted turkeys tomorrow).

I finished up with the decorating yesterday when dusting was completed. Washing the china at the moment. It's times like these that I wonder why I bought so much china!

Nah, I love the stuff and getting it out to use. I'm not one of those who just likes displaying my wares - heck, the stuff was made to use so I grab every opportunity to pull it out and eat off of it. It'd be an awful waste of funds otherwise.

By the way - product recommendation!!!!! For all of you who have animals and are constantly trying to keep the furniture fur free, I have a solution. My niece, Abbie, is terribly allergic to cats and bunnies, and of course we have two cats (though they are indoors all the time and wonder if that makes any difference for her). So I've been trying to clean fur off of everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) for the past week or so.

When I went to Wal-mart on Sunday for my veggie items I came across this thing called a Fur Fighter from Scotch and remembered seeing something about it on TV recently. Snapped it up and figured it was worth giving it a try.

LOVE IT!!!! I used to use one of those roller sticky things that don't work that great, but this thing is AWESOME! It has these teeny tiny pricklies that grab the embedded fur and pulls it out with only a few swipes without damaging any sort of fabric. I used it on all the furniture and pillows and everything around the house and it worked like a charm. The real test will see how Abbie does when she sits down. :-)

Better run and finish my chores before everyone starts to get here in a few hours. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

Gary said...

Hope things go well on the big day for you. Thanks for the product recommendation. When I vacuum Sugar
Baby's bed, I can never get all the dog hair off it. I'll give that stuff a try.

Brian Johnson said...

So is that the same as like a tape lint roller?

I've never thought of using that.

Denise said...

It's in the grocery section at Wal-mart in the aisle with sponges, Tide, Cascade, etc. For some reason they didn't put it with the animal products but cleaning supplies. Go figure!

No, Brian, it's completely different. The lint roller is what I've always tried to use or my vac. This thing is SOOOOOOO much better than anything else. My neice didn't even have to take any medication while she was here, which is quite the testiment to this product.