Monday, November 24, 2008

IT'S FINALLY HERE!

IT'S FINALLY HERE!

The week I've been waiting for has finally arrived. I had this week in mind more than a year ago when I finalized plans for my house. Those months seemed to drag on forever, then lo and behold, we moved into our new house last year the day before Thanksgiving.

Don't remember much from that holiday except how exhausted I was. Somehow I managed a small feast with Mom's help.

But this year all the stops have been pulled out. I've not only filled my regular fridge and freezer but have now stocked up the new one as well. Okay, I went back to Wal-mart last night for a few (just a few) last minute veggies and ended up with over a hundred dollars again. You know, it's like a miraculous event everytime I walk in that store - POOF! - my cart is suddenly full and my bank account lighter.

Can't help it - I'm busting at the seams with excitement and anticipation. Gee, I hope I'm not setting myself up for a let down.

Nah, how can you end up with a let down when you've got all fifty-bazillion of us together in one house???

We manage a good time regardless of where we lay our heads at night, as long as we're together.

You know, I think that's what I love the most. My mom, sisters and I are close after all these years. Yeah we've all had our struggles but all-in-all we really do seem to enjoy each other's company (of course, I can't speak for my sisters but hey, they're coming aren't they?).

Then there's the kids. They too go though their ups and downs and yet are so happy to see each other and spend time together. I can hardly wait for them to get to hang out in Tyler's man cave. We'll probably have to drag them out for dinner!

I hope everyone is comfortable. I hope everyone is satisfied at every meal. But you know what, I'm just honored that they are going to grace my home with their presence.

And I pray blessings for each of them this Thanksgiving.

No comments: